Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Feng Shui Problem?

There was a local comedian actor who was a firm believer of Feng Shui. He got a Master to feng shui his home and even have his Chinese name changed by the Master. This Master is well-known for helping Singapore celebrities changed their names to an auspicious one. Being an expert in Bazi and Feng shui (lineage passed down from his grandfather), this Master has been in the limelight for many years and respected by many celebrities. Being a ardent fan of the Master, this actor frequently hosted the Master's seminars and apparently his own acting career seemed to improve with the Master's help in feng shui.

Then suddenly, the comedian actor had difficulty breathing yesterday and was sent to hospital. He passed away after the doctors failed to revive him.

This makes me wonder about the feng shui skill of this Master. While feng shui can't make miracles, it can still indicate certain signs of potential health problems. There are cases where the client doesn't follow the warning given by the feng shui consultant thus its the client's own problem but in this case, I think it is unlikely since I know the actor was a firm follower of the Master's words. I have attended the Master's talks before, hosted by the late actor, thus I know he consulted the Master for almost everything. Nevertheless, we must remind ourselves that feng shui cannot prolong lifespan nor make miracles happen. Even Bazi and Ziwei Doushu cannot be used to predict a person's death accurately.

Nevertheless, Feng Shui problem or not, it doesn't matter. We only know that Singapore has lost a great, humble, filial and humorous talented artiste. Come to think of it, I still had the audio recordings of him hosting a Feng Shui talk. Goodbye my friend.

Regards
Alvin Chua

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have an interesting blog. Here are a few words that I would like to convey to you after reading this article of yours. Hope you do not mind. It's meant to be a private note to you.

Alvin, you are a practitioner as well. Could you guarantee anything in your audit? You are lucky when your client did not face misfortune after your audit. Misfortune does not equate totally to bad feng shui. I am not putting the blame on destiny either. It's a mixture of everything.

I would sincerely hope that you do not criticise any Master's skill. If you doubt others' do you doubt yourself?

Let's treat everyone in the feng shui community with respect.

Alvin Chua said...

Hi,

I have to agree that a wall is not built with a single brick and an event occurred not because of a single factor. Thus, what you said about a mixture of everything is agreeable to me. It’s true, we can’t do miracles with Feng Shui. But from what I know, it can provide some clues or indications to potential problems (though not necessarily prevents it). Some factors could have been in place even before Feng Shui came into the picture.

I have attended some lessons by the Master and this event makes me worry about the stuff I learned from him. Thus, what I wrote is more about my doubts and questions about the methods rather then a criticism and disrespect towards the Master. There's always something to learn from others.

Anyway, thanks for your note.

Regards
Alvin Chua

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I would use an analogy. Might not be a good one but I think good enough to demonstrate my point.

Advising someone on Feng Shui is like advising someone to drink water rather than drinking fizzy drinks. Water helps in the overall wellbeing of our bodies. But it doesn't mean that by just drinking water, one would be healthy and live to old age.

Master A would advise the source of water from Spring A while Master B would advise the source of water from Spring B. And, if we think that water has to come from Spring, then when Master C suggests us that we can fetch water from a Well and not from a Spring, we will be doubtful of his advise.

Again, it is more than just drinking water to have a healthy live. It is more than just Feng Shui.

Anonymous said...

Alvin - A great piece of work. Overall, I like your balanced view.

As a FS (and Bazi) student for some years and with different Masters, I can comment that if someone suffers a critical event, the timing can be read from the Bazi. This is ur blog, and U did justice by keeping the details anonymous.

Jeremyk

Alvin Chua said...

Hi jeremyk,

Thanks for your comment. Think I seen you frequently in the forums?

Cheers
Alvin Chua