Friday, December 03, 2010

Bazhai Feng Shui 八宅游年歌 (My version of Poetic Formula)

When I first started learning Bazhai Feng Shui, memorizing how each of the 4 auspicious and 4 inauspicious directions are derived from the Gua is a rather difficult task. The traditional way will be to memorize the You Nian Ge formula, but I was too lazy to remember by hard the wordy “song”, so I invented my version in Chinese. To use my version, first you have to familiarize yourself with the order of the 8 directions, which I have arrange from the most auspicious to the worst:
Sheng Qi > Yan Nian > Tian Yi > Fu Wei > Huo Hai > Liu Sha > Wu Gui > Jue Ming


So my song goes:
三全下两滞
一夾二三中
Just 10 characters are all you have to memorize.
And here is how you use it:
E.g. A person who Ming Gua is Qian 乾☰













So the trick is out, this is how you can know a person’s or house’s 4 auspicious and 4 inauspicious directions immediately without referring to any charts.

No comments: